Elementary Teacher, starting August 2024
Are you looking for a new, exciting opportunity to teach in Kuwait and travel? Join us at the American Creativity Academy!
We are looking to hire a dedicated Elementary teacher to educate our students.
KG/Elementary Teacher Salary and Benefits:
Teaching Benefit Type
Teaching Benefit Details
$2,500 - 3,500 USD per month, tax-free
Annual airfare for teacher and 2 dependents
Private and furnished 1 bedroom apartment + all utilities paid
National and school holidays
International Health Insurance provided
Tuition covered for up to two children
End-of-contract bonus provided
More about the American Creativity Academy:
- The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA) and is an IB World School.
- The academic curriculum is based on the Core American Standards Curriculum
KG/Elementary School Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in education.
- Valid teaching license preferred.
- Preferred 1-2 years of experience. New grads welcome to apply.
- Proficient knowledge of teaching strategies and methods.
KG/Elementary School Teacher Responsibilities:
- Provide direct instruction and supervision to and for students in the school.
- Work to instill skills that will allow children to progress academically within the scope of the curriculum as well as providing strategies that allow children to apply appropriate problem solving skills to their lives.
- Teach diligently and faithfully the classes or subjects assigned to them by the principal.
- Follow the prescribed curriculum as outlined for each grade level.
- Assist in the development, creation, and selection of new curriculum, instructional materials and supplies.
- Are responsible for effective instruction, training, and evaluation of the progress of students in the subjects assigned to the teachers and for the management of the class or classes, and report to the Principal on the progress of students on request.
- Encourage the students in the pursuit of life-long learning.
- Maintain accurate records of students’ academic and behavioral performance as directed by the Principal.
- Participate in regular conferencing with parents and keep records of such in the prescribed school format.
- Inculcate by precept and example respect for religion and the principles of Islamic morality and the highest regard for truth, justice, loyalty, love of country, humanity, benevolence, sobriety, industry, frugality, purity, temperance, and all other virtues.
- Provide direction and support for student activities and after-school clubs.
- Promote the American Creativity Academy in a positive fashion at all times.
- Assist in developing cooperation and coordination of effort among the members of the staff of the school.
- Attend conferences with other teachers to discuss academic and social needs of the students in his/her care as directed by the Principal.
- Make appropriate and timely referrals of students in difficulty to the designated support personnel.
- Deliver all required documentation, reports, and school property in their possession as may be directed by the Superintendent when their contractual agreement with the school has expired or when for any reason his employment with ACA has ceased.
- Use and permit to be used textbooks that are approved by the BOT and Ministry of Education only.
- Attend and actively participate in grade level meetings.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and serve on faculty committees as requested by the school administration.
- Supervise students in the classroom, in the hallways, on the playground, and when students are on breaks, recess, and dismissal.
- Follow school policy and procedures.
- Maintain and enhance professional competence by attending in-service training, seminars, and college level courses.
- Performs other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.
Looking for a change in scenery without leaving your career behind? Consider teaching abroad at an International School. Licensed teachers can teach at this private international school and experience life in the Middle East while earning an excellent salary and benefits!
Learn more about living and teaching at the American Creativity Academy on our dedicated careers website.